A message from the Illinois Association of Park Districts, IAPD, to our residents and stakeholders. . .
During the past several months, IAPD has been working closely with aQity Research & Insights to analyze the results of an IAPD-funded survey pertaining to the W-2 employment and revenue data of IAPD member agencies, of which, the Lockport Township Park District is a member.
The report contains impressive statewide results, including key findings such as:
- Park districts, forest preserves, conservation districts and special recreation agencies employ more than 67,000 people statewide.
- These jobs represent nearly $720 million paid in wages and compensation.
- More than 62% of any agency’s employees live within the district where they work.
- Roughly half of these jobs provide important early work experience for younger adults (ages 25 and under).
- Statewide, just over half of agency revenues come from non-tax sources, including earned revenue (program fees and memberships) and other sources (grants, donations, interest, etc.)
In these ways, the Lockport Township Park District is a significant employer and contributor to the local economy as well as creating self-sustaining revenue options as a way to limit dependency on local property taxes.
For more information, contact iapd@ILparks.org.
Lockport Township Park District wins the “Exceptional Workplace” Award from the Illinois Parks and Recreation Association. Click here to read more.
The Canyons Disc Golf
– see more pictures on our [ Facebook Page ]
Our new website features online registration as well as up-to-date information about our seasonal programs and special events. You can easily locate any of our parks or facilities by visiting our interactive parks & facilities map. We encourage you to browse our new site. It’s very accessible and easy to navigate with most items available with only a single click of your mouse. Look around and enjoy the Lockport Township Park District online experience. There’s a whole lot to explore and even more to do!
We have the perfect package and location: banquets at Prairie Bluff Public Golf Club! The perfect venue for Wedding Receptions, Bridal or Baby Showers, Golf Outings, Corporate Events, Holiday Celebrations, Anniversaries, Birthday Parties, etc! Room rentals at the Fairmont Community Center for your Special Event, Celebration, Conference or Meeting. Outdoor pool rentals are great for Private Parties and Corporate Events! Picnic pavilions offer a wonderful and affordable way to host your next outdoor celebration in a beautiful park setting, including playgrounds and picnic tables. Birthday parties – we make it easy and fun with party packages catering to a variety of tastes and interests! Contact us today!
Stay connected with us on Facebook and sign up for our mailing list by submitting your email address above. We’d love to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call us at 815-838-1183, or if you prefer to communicate online, simply send us an email. Thank you for visiting, and we hope to see you soon!